We welcome all nationalities and religions. We are proud to have a very diverse population.
Assisted Living is a housing and health care option that combines independence and customized personal care in a residential setting. It differs from a nursing home in that it does not provide skilled care. However, residents have the right to supplement the care that is provided by the residence.
It is intended for adults who would appreciate assistance with tasks such as housekeeping, preparing meals, bathing, dressing, medication management or the security of having staff on site 24 hours a day.
• We take pride in the longevity of our staff with its emphasis on a team approach.
• The organization has a long-established history of caring for elders since 1917.
• Our unique Scandinavian design provides natural light, simplicity and warmth to our living spaces.
• Our small size creates an intimate, family-like atmosphere.
• Our exceptional fitness program has helped many of our residents maintain a more active and healthier lifestyle.
Because we are non-profit, we are accountable to our mission rather than to stockholders.
Our programs are geared towards enhancing healthy minds and active bodies. We work in conjunction with residents and staff to develop programs such as current events, group discussions, fitness activities, socials, lectures, cultural events, field trips and other educational offerings. Some of our activities are also open to the community.
1) Click here to complete the application forms and then return them to the Marketing Director.
2) Prospective resident’s doctor should fill out and return the Physician's Statement also located on our website.
3) Click here or call at (617) 467-3177 to contact the Marketing Director about scheduling an assessment by our Resident Care Director.
4) Arrange a tour of the Scandinavian Living Center if you haven’t done so already.
For further information about Assisted Living or to access the Consumer's Guide, please visit the Executive Office of Elder Affairs’ website at www.mass.gov/elders (under “Housing”) or call (800)243-4636. You may also obtain a copy of the guide at the Scandinavian Living Center.
The Scandinavian Assisted Living Center is located in West Newton Massachusetts. The Scandinavian Assisted Living Center is a diverse and welcoming community, comprised of residents from the Greater Boston area including Allston, Brighton, Brookline, Cambridge, Chestnut Hill, Newton, Waltham, Wellesley, Watertown and more.