Assisted Living Services Near Brookline, MA
Just West of Boston the Scandinavian Assisted Living Center is located in the village of West Newton, Massachusetts on a lovely, tree-lined residential street. It is conveniently located near historic Brookline and close to nationally cultural institutions and medical facilities. Our close proximity to Brookline and Boston allows our residents access to all they have to offer. Public bus transportation is available in front of the building to parts of Newton and Waltham. Churches, synagogues, restaurants, bakeries, shops, supermarkets and florists are all located nearby, as well as a pharmacy, movie theatre and public library.
The Scandinavian Living Center offers elders a one-of-a-kind community-centered senior living experience in Newton, Massachusetts. Every aspect of our offerings is influenced by our fundamental belief that age does not and should not limit one's participation as a member of the community.
Assisted living should be a positive experience that invites elders to continue leading satisfying, connected lives. At the SLC we have developed an approach that balances high-quality care with respect and empowerment.
Click to view video presentation.
We have taken the best parts of the Scandinavian approach to elder care (like respecting individual needs and encouraging engagement within the broader community) and created a community open to elders from all cultures and backgrounds.
- Our bright, clean design fosters a comfortable atmosphere that feels more like a neighborhood than a traditional assisted living facility.
- Our small size (40 apartments) and long-serving, dedicated staff ensure that you or your loved one will be seen, known, and cared for as an individual.
- Our organization has a long-established history of caring for elders since 1917.
- Our exceptional fitness program has helped many of our residents maintain a healthier lifestyle.
- We encourage outside organizations to hold meetings and events in our spaces. This allows our residents to connect with the broader community in authentic and meaningful ways, removing any sense of isolation.
- Unisex hair salon
- Basic cable
- Handicap accesible van
- Resident sudy/game room
- Non-denominational chapel
- Café with fireplace
- Multi-purpose entertainment hall
- Wireless internet
- On-site physical therapy (covered by most insurance)
Take 128/95 North or South to Exit 21—Route 16 East. Follow Route 16 East toward West Newton. At 1.5 miles the road forks at an entrance for the Mass Pike. Bear right and continue on Route 16. Cross over the pike and enter West Newton Square proceeding past a green arrow light. At the first full light, turn left onto Cherry Street. Go one block and turn right on Webster Street. Go one block and turn left onto Waltham Street. The Center is located at 206 Waltham Street—just beyond the Fessenden School.
The Scandinavian Assisted Living Center is located in West Newton Massachusetts. The Scandinavian Assisted Living Center is a diverse and welcoming community, comprised of residents from the Greater Boston area including Allston, Brighton, Brookline, Cambridge, Chestnut Hill, Newton, Waltham, Wellesley, Watertown and more.